- Build Quality - It felt compact without excessive weight and solid enough to use without being paranoid.
- Design - Clean with nice textured back and unobtrusive power and volume buttons (the only sticky outty bits). I was a little puzzled by the front-facing camera with no applications to utilise it. Miss the camera on the back but it absence means I don't look ridiculous using the tablet like an oversized phone - I did see someone doing exactly this with an iPad at a conference recently.
- Performance - Smooth and responsive
- Taking a screenshot - They finally added this as standard feature. Hold the power and down volume buttons down simultaneously which will trigger a sound and animation. You can either find the screen shot under 'Screenshot' in the gallery or you can click the 'Share' symbol in the 'Notification Try'.
- Damage management - People will have different ideas on whether they want to cover up their shiny gadget. And different views on what to cover it with. I was going away and got something quickly which I hoped would be not too bulky yet smart looking. It also has a magnet so it powers on when you open it up. Google Nexus 7 Tablet Case - Black Carbon Fibre Print PropUp Stand Case Cover
- Extra storage - TBC :)
Here is a list of applications I found useful and/or interesting that you can install from Google Play
- Camera Launcher - Now you can do something with that front-facing camera.
- Amazon Kindle - Books on the move without the bulk and weight.
- TweetDeck - For your twitter-like activity, twitter or facebook status updates.
- Evernote - Notes and checklists in the cloud with clients with clients for multiple OSes
- Linode Android - Control your servers remotely
- Pocket - Store webpages for reading offline later.
- GSRemote - Remotely control Grooveshark running on a desktop somewhere.
- uTorrent Remote - Remotely control uTorrent running on your desktop
That's all folks!
Well not really. I'll come back and update this blog as I discover more.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete